Monday, August 11, 2008

Engagement Ceremony

Yesterday, we went back to my dad's hometown. My cousin, Akmal was getting engaged. It's quite refreshing, after stories on divorces and infidelities..finally someone is getting married in the family. Hehehe..


The future groom

Our side prepared 9 tray of gifts for the girl. My aunt, Cik Idah prepared all by herself..and my cousin Kak Nong dia the Sirih Junjung arrangement. My mom sponsored the cake..a lovely heart shape cake in purple (the color theme)


Gifts from Akmal to his fiance

Our group was represented by Akmal's maternal uncle. It has been decided that the dowry would be RM 8000, and the engagement period will be in one and a half year maximum. Expected wedding date will be someday in December 2009.


The discussion.

After finished discussing, Akmal's maternal grandmother went in to the future bride's room for the ring ceremony.



The future bride


Part of our group


Bride-to-be (sitting) with Akmal's paternal side of the family. From left, Makcik Jah, Busu, Kak Nong, Izan, Me and My Mom

Later, we received gifts from the future bride for her fiance.


Congratulations to my cousin, Hainur Akmal bin Ahmad, and his fiance, Linda Daim. May all your dreams will come true.

No comments: