Friday, August 1, 2008

Surah Yasin - The Heart of The Quran

Today is Friday. Meaning last night I did my usual Surah Yasin recital, after my Maghrib prayer. Usually I start my reading with a 'Doa' when I pray to Allah the Almighty to forgive all my sins, my hubby's as well as my parents'. I pray that Allah will bless my Dad's soul and He will protect my Dad from any bad treatments in his grave. And I pray that Allah will protect me and my family from any bad souls, be it Satan or bad people with bad intentions. Aminnn... Sometimes I read Surah Yasin on other nights too, but I try my best not to skip the Thursday night's routine. I have read somewhere that if we read Yasin and dedicate barakah to our beloved dead soul, early Friday morning the dead one will receive our gift in term of bright lights shining around them. Although my Dad has passed away for quite some times, I would like very much to make him happy. And by reading Surah Yasin, I know he will be happy tremendously for he will know that I still remember and love him very much...Insya-Allah.

Surah Yasin is probably the most frequently read chapter of the Quran, in our country. Numerous benefits are associated with its reading, especially in the mornings or whenever there is any difficult situation; or if someone is critically ill; or just for barakah.

Rarely does anyone pause tothink that Surah Yasin like the rest of the Quran has a message in it for our guidance. If we read this Surah, just once but with proper understanding and apply its wisdom in our lives, it can truly relieve us of our misery of uncertainty and save us from the agony of going round and round in a senseless pursuit of worldly interests. Not only this but it can also help us throw away the burden of accumulated negligence regarding the hereafter, making us feel bright and optimistic about attaining the rewards of paradise.

We all want permanent and everlasting success and happiness, but unfortunately we try to find it in this world, where it was not meant to be. The life in this world is only a test and instead of running after its illusions, the only thing that we need to pursue in this world is the straight path that will lead us to the fulfilment
of our desires, in the hereafter, which is when our actual life will begin. That is why Allah has taught us the doa “Ihdinassirat almustaqeem” (guide us to the Straight Way) which we read in each and every unit of our five daily prayers. But only praying for guidance is not enough; we need to have a role model to follow in whom we can trust. Therefore Allah sent Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) as a perfect example for us to follow till the end of time. The Quran is the guide book and the life and personality of the Prophet (p.b.u.h) is the practical application of this guidance.

Here are some of the benefits and virtues of learning and reading this beautiful Surah:
1. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Quran is Yasin. I would love that it be in the heart of every one of my people."

2. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever recites Yasin once, Allah will record the reward of reciting Quran ten times."

3. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "Whoever recites Yasin in the night seeking Allah's pleasure, Allah would forgive him."

4. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "There is a Surah in the Quran that intercedes for its reciter and forgive its listener. Know! It is Surah Yasin. It is called 'Mu'amma' in the Torah." It was enquired, what is Mu'amma? And the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said "It embraces the person with the goodness of the world and remove the dismays of the Hereafter."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful surah and showing me the light to success. May Allah SWT grant you peace and happiness.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing the benefits of Surah Yasin. I wanted to know one thing and am enlightened with many things.

JazakAllah Khair.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum and jazzakala khair to you dear sister. I liked what you wrote on surah al-mulk so i thought that i would read what you think about surah yasin. One thing you should take note of regarding the hadith on surah yasin being the heart of the quran and reciting it would equate to reading the whole quran ten times is either very weak or considered fabricated. If you google about the hadiths on yasin you can see which are hasan and which are daeef.

Just thought you should know that my intention is simply to provide you with the correct info.

Salam.

Anonymous said...

jazakala khair for this. also to know the importance in why it is read on a Thursday. may ALLAH swt bless his mercy upon you and your family. your father is sure blessed to have a someone like you.