Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OBAMA - 44th President of the United States of America

The result is official.

Barack Obama is the President elect of the United States of America.

History has been made. Obama is the first ever African American to become the President of this great country. Prior to this, I thought this will only be a fiction in a movie (i.e. Morgan Freeman as President in the movie 'Deep Impact').

He has just given his victory speech in Chicago, his HQ. And I tell you, that man is impressive! He really can give a speech (thanks to his background as Harvard Law School graduate). He said and I quote,

" If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer......

.....And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn - I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your President too.....

.....America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves - if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?

This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we cant, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:

Yes We Can. Thank you, God bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America."


Nevertheless, I should give credit to Senator John McCain. He accepted his lost graciously. He said and I quote, "I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and now is my president."

It has been a long 21 months. That's right. Unlike Malaysia, the time-span for campaign/election processes takes almost 2 years! Kat Malaysia...hari ni bubar Parlimen, 2 minggu lepas tu dah pilihan raya. Nak kenal wakil pun tak sempat daaa..

And Obama has earned it. I'm looking forward to a new USA. More 'likeable' foreign policies. Calling back US Army from Iraq would be a very good start. A more affordable medical facilities for the people would be a great change. As far as I know, people here in US can't survive without medical insurance. As my friend said, "It will cost you your arms and legs if you don't have medical insurance here in US".

Anyway, congratulations to Senator Barack Obama, the upcoming 44th President of the United States. The journey won't be easy. It will be long and hard, but I am very sure that he will be a great President.

1 comment:

Ahmad Javanese said...

long live da black maaan!

from a brown man...

i am not racist... but since I am not USA citizen... so ok kot buat statement macam ni
kekekekeke