Saturday, December 13, 2008

What's up, Doc?

Well, since nobody gives any feedback, I shall keep the skin till the day I feel like changing again (which might be soon, haihhh). Actually, I just love searching for any blog skin and apply them here. And then, I would try to edit those HTML to suit my taste. It just reminds me of my programming days. Hmm...can you believe that I'm actually missing those days??

Anyway, what's with the title you might ask. For the past one month, it just seems like somebody I know or somebody that knows somebody I know (errr...do you get that?) are either sick, or have been involved in an accident or dead. Ok..let me go through this:

1. About 3 weeks ago, my only brother in this whole wide world, called me in the middle of the night to inform me that he had been in an accident in Kedah. He's alright (Thank you God) but problem is, he was driving my Kembara. At that time, he thought that the damage was not too serious, but after evaluation by the insurance company, they concluded that it was beyond repair. Seems like the spare parts needed are too expensive, hence it's better off to scratch yard. Arghhh...I didn't even get to say goodbye to that car.

2. 2 weeks ago, when we were in San Francisco, my sister-in-law called to tell dear Hubby that she and her husband was involved in an accident in Malacca. It was a bumper to bumper accident. Thank goodness she who is 7 months pregnant are alright.

3. 1 week ago, we received a call that my brother-in-law was involved in an accident. He was on his way home from his grave-yard shift (no, he doesn't work in the grave yard, I meant he was working on the night shift) when he bumped into a trailer. (yeah, he bumped into the trailer, not vice-versa, hehe..) Thank goodness he was OK, although he had internal bleeding in the mouth and the doctor had to cut his cheek in order to stop the blood.

4. 3 days ago, I received an email saying that a friend of mine in Sarawak has lost her father. Al-Fatihah to Ayahanda kepada Dayang Kartinah. I'm not sure whether he was sick or met an accident or whatever the cause was. (Do death even need a cause?)

5. A few hours ago, I chatted with Shasha who's getting her PhD in Norway. She said she was in Kuala Lumpur because her father had suddenly collapsed after Hari Raya Haji and now is in coma. He's currently in ICU, Hospital Selayang. I pray for his speedy recovery.

6. Oh..and if you have been following my blog, you'll remember I mentioned another best friend of mine, Dida, who's mother has been diagnosed with gall cancer. I also pray for her speedy recovery. Last time I heard from Dida, there has been some good progress. Alhamdulillah.

7. About 3 weeks ago, my best friend, Gee, said that her childhood friend was in a coma. The diagnosis was unknown then. A few days after she told me the news, that childhood friend died. Because of meningitis. She had 2 kids. The eldest is the same age as Harith and the second one is only 1 year plus (who is still breastfeeding). Although I didn't know her personally, it was heart-breaking.

Now, isn't that quite a list?

And for the past 5 years, I've lost a Grandmother, a Father, 3 Aunts and 1 Uncle.

Phew...what a list!

I've reached an age where I keep receiving news of deaths or sickness.

Yesterday, I chatted with some of my good friends. One of them was saying something quite eerie.

"Nak ke, taknak ke, kena terima jugak. Nasib masing-masing tak tau. Kot2 kita jalan dulu, macam abang aku, dah jalan dulu, tak tunggu turn pun."

Translation: "We have to accept this whether we like it or not. We don't even know our own fate. We might go first. Such the case with my brother, he went first, didn't even wait for his turn (by age)"

How true. Question is, are we ready to go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lerr..nape kat sini tade cbox?susa la na komen..huhu...eiii kiteorg baru je guna la..hhuhu..slama ni asik dok kutuk org guna panggilan pa ma tu..tu la cu ta tau zaman skrg..ur time dulu 10 tahun yg lalu..haha..la ni org guna pnggilan ma,pa...ayh ibu..buwekk..hubby,cyg...cyg,baby...
abg,syg...hubby,hunny....uchuk acham...cyg,laling..hurmm ape lg eak..erm tu je la kot yg slalu org guna la ni...sy,awk...i,u..pnggilan nama.. tu pnggilan tuk mula 1st month cple jew...lalaalaaa~

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

sayang and abang are quite acceptable. but pa, ma, hubby, wife or any nick name showing as if u r already married are totally unacceptable and purely sickening. uwekssssssssss. hmm..kalu nak panggil camtu sgt, apa kata kawin aje ler terus..takde ler meluat family dengo. too much exploration before marriage will make the real marriage becomes dull later on. easy come, easy go.

i'm not really against your relationship. i know he's a good guy and i adore him. but u better know how to tackle the family back after the big blunder the other day, and those nick names are not one of that way. anyway, doesn't matter if you don't care how the family feels though.