Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Harith's 6th Birthday

Last Saturday, we celebrated Harith's 6th birthday. It was a belated celebration. The actual date is on 30th December. We were still in Kelantan then, and we had the 1st celebration over there.

He wanted a car birthday cake. Lightning McQueen from the movie 'The Cars' is his favorite character of all time. So when we were in LA, I bought a McQueen cake pan. He finally got his wish. I stayed up till 3 a.m. in the morning to decorate the cake :) It was very tiring, but it was worth it as I saw his big smile when he woke up and saw McQueen The Cake.

It was only a small family lunch celebration. We didn't invite anybody else except for my brother and his family. So on Saturday morning, I did some cooking and came up with Nasi Minyak, Ayam Masak Merah, Acar Buah Epal and Sup Sayur. My mom cooked Pulut Kuning, Rendang Daging and Bubur Jagung. Only my niece was absent as she had some activities in the campus.

A very happy birthday boy :D

No comments: