Monday, September 22, 2008

Masjid Al Noor

Lucky for us, there is a small mosque nearby our home. Although it's about 10 minutes drive, but Alhamdulillah. Dear hubby has been going there to perform his Friday prayers. The name is Masjid Al Noor. You can go here to visit their website.

During Ramadhan, hubby has gone there for a few times too..usually during weekends. (He only comes home from work at about 7 something). Usually he goes alone..one time with Harith. I wanted to go too, but thinking that Hannah would not be easy to look after (she's very active), so I just perform my prayer at home.

But last Friday, I decided to tag along. Harith has promised to look after his sister while we pray. So, off we went.

I was quite surprised when I arrived. That was the first time I see the most number of Muslim women. Most of them were Indians or Pakistanis or Bangladeshi. I could tell from their dress and also their slang. They were very friendly too, adressing me as 'Sister'. Oh, the mosque served Iftar during Ramadhan. So I had a nice err...I don't know what it was..some kind of Pakistani food I think, but it tasted good. Hehe...

Anyway, their Mazhab is different from us. As we were getting ready to perform prayer, I realized I was the only one who was covering all my hair properly. I didn't wear the usual 'telekong', I wore a Punjabi dress but with my hijab and handscover, covering myself from head to toe except for my face and my two hands. As for them, they were wearing Punjabi dresses too, but they just sling their 'selendangs' around their faces. I could still see their hair. Hmm...

Well, anyway...I hope I can go there again soon as Harith kept his promise by taking care of his sister well. Kudos to him...good boy. :)

Anybody who's 'sesat' in LA and looking for a mosque, this is the address:

Masjid Al Noor
25816 Walnut Street
Lomita, CA90717

2 comments:

aramis2177 said...

salam kak iza....
huhuhuh...alhamdulillah ada masjid dekat - dekat situ.....ramai org sembahyang terawikh sana yer?
kak iza, tu lah bila lenlain mazhab ni....mcm2 gaya ada kan....diorg selamba je xtutup rambut sumer......kdg2 time sembahyang siap leh lari susukan anak then sambung sembahyang...hhuhuhu...
tp tulah..lain mazhab..lain ajarannya kan.....

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

ramai gak..tapi tu ler..semua bangsa diaorang laa..hehe..memula cam awkward gak..nasib baik ada yg peramah mulakan conversation..akak pun on ajeler..hehe