Friday, September 26, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya

My family and I would like to wish all friends and readers:

Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir dan Batin
May all of you have a wonderful Hari Raya with your respective families.

As for us...huhuhuhuhuhuhu.... :_____((

This is the first time, EVER..that I'm celebrating Hari Raya away from my family. Hmm..I mean, my extended family. Alhamdulillah, my own little nucleus family is all here.

Dear hubby seems to take it well. Not a surprise since he's the type who rarely shows his emotions on anything, hehe..plus he spent four years doing his Degree in this United States of A. So, Hari Raya away from family is no news for him. And so are the kids. Well, they don't even know what a Hari Raya is. So, I'm left alone in my sorrow...Isk..isk..isk..

I miss my Mom..and of course I miss my Dad. This is the second time in a row that I'm unable to visit his grave during Hari Raya's morning. Last year was Kelantan's turn. I'm supposed to have my turn this year, but here I am..well..about 11,000km away from home.

Hmmm..what are the things that I would be missing?

First and foremost, I would surely miss eating 'ketupat and rendang'. Huwaaa......
Being half-Javanese, 'Sambal goreng' comes next. Isk..isk..isk...
Being half-Minang, 'Ayam Lemak Kuning' is also being missed. Huuuuuu...
Most of all, I miss being being around the family, the 'maaf-maafan' session..taking turns from the eldest to the youngest and eating together after returning from the Mosque after the prayer. Visiting relatives...hmm..I would miss going to Busu's house..chit-chat and gossips di pagi raya, haha...going back to Dad's hometown in Batu Pahat...I miss Cik Idah's terrific sambal goreng..I can go on and on and on..the list is endless!!! Haihhh...
Although I can cook those special dishes myself (except for ketupat, where in the world can I find ketupat in Los Angeles!), it just won't be the same. The ambience is not the same. My mom won't be around to nag me (you forget to put this, you should have done it this way..bla..bla..bla..hehe), my niece is not here to 'sibuk-sibuk', no brother and sister-in-law to insist on doing things short-cut, hehe..

Life is just as usual here. I don't even realize that today is already the 26th of Ramadhan. Except for going for Hari Raya prayer at the mosque, we haven't really make a plan on how to celebrate. Oh..the Islamic Circle of North America is having a family day at Six Flags Theme Park on 4th October. We might go there.

Hmmm...anyway, here's my most favourite Hari Raya song of all times...Satu Hari di Hari Raya by M. Nasir.



Satu hari di Hari Raya
Ku lihat cahaya bersinar indah
Langit cemerlang tak terkira
Tanda kuasa yang Maha Esa
Memberi nikmat pada manusia
Satu hari di Hari Raya
Ku dengar irama yang sungguh indah
Ku coba mendekati padanya
Kira irama itu adalah
Suara pujian pada yang Esa
Satu hari di Hari Raya
Aku menangis tanda gembira
Aku menangis tanda ku cinta kepadaNya
Satu hari di Hari Raya
Ku lihat wajah suci ibuku
Ku lihat wajah kasih ayahku
Ku gembira
Mungkin inilah dia kebahagiaan
I miss 'wajah kasih ayahku'...terribly...and more so during this Hari Raya.
I hope my Mom will be OK...since 4 years ago, Hari Raya has always been difficult for her. My being so far away will add salt to the old wound. I hope it won't bleed too much. Hmmm.....

5 comments:

RKA said...

illl missss youuuuu!!!!

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

cepatnya komen..hehe..akak dok edit tambah edit lagi nih, hehehe...

i miss u tooooo....hope u'll have a good time in setiawan..take care yeah..

eh..bagi xs to your blog la, miss r :)

Cik Kham & Co said...

selamat hari raya...akak org Johor ker..samelah keta...mmg ssedap pun sambal goreng nih..huhuuu..biaselah jawe!

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

huhuhu..my peberet food on earth tuh!!! kalu turn kelantan pun sanggup wat gak kat sana, hehe..

Anonymous said...

Six Flags for Eid anyone? www.MuslimFamilyDay.com