Wednesday, October 22, 2008

P.S. I Love You

My cousin, Iqa, has been telling me about a movie titled 'P.S I Love You'. She said it's a romantic comedy and the story tells us how much we should appreciate our loved ones. Life is too short to be spent on angry remarks and hurtful words.

So last Saturday when we went to Albertsons (they have a RedBox DVD vending machine, 1USD per movie per day), I decided to rent the movie. Oh...before that I've bought the novel (the movie is based on a novel) but couldn't find the time to read it.

Anyway, my husband and I spent our Sunday watching the movie. I agree with Iqa..it is a romantic movie..but she failed to tell me that the hero is actually dead. *sigh*.. Well, in a nutshell, the story is about how a young widow is trying to survive the sudden lost of her husband. What I fail to understand is how did the husband die (they sort of jumping the scenes..one minute they were in bed..the next one it's already the scene during his wake). And the husband seemed to know that he's dying because he has made all the arrangements for his wife to cope up with her lost..guiding her with his letters and words of encouragement that's always end with "P.S...I Love You." Haiahhh.....I was red-eyed almost all the way. One time, I had to sneak to the bathroom to blow my nose in fear my husband would laugh at me..hehe.. Well, it is sad you know...to lose someone that you love very very much, and to know that you will never ever see them again..you will miss their smiles, to hear their laughs and to laugh at their jokes and antics.

The songs in the movie are great. But the theme song sticked to my heart. Even Harith recognized the song is from the movie (when I played the mp3 on my laptop). It's the kind of song that lingers in your mind and before you knew it, you'll find yourself humming to the tune. The song that you're hearing now is that song, titled 'Love You Till The End' by The Pogues.

I just want to see you
when your all alone
I just want to catch you if I can
I just want to be there
When the morning light explodes
On your face it radiates
I can't escape
I love you till the end

I just want to tell you nothing
You don't want to hear
All I want is for you to say
Why don't you just take me
Where I've never been before
I know you want to hear me
Catch my breath
I love you till the end
I love you till the end

I love you till the end
I love you till the end

I just want to be there
When were caught in the rain
I just want to see you laugh not cry
I just want to feel you
When the night puts on it's cloak
I'm lost for words don't tell me
Cause all I can say
I love you till the end

I love you till the end
I love you till the end
I love you till the end
All I can say
I love you till the end
I love you till the end
I love you til the end
Cause all I can say
I love you till the end
I love you till the end
I love you till the end

Life is full of ups and downs. We can never expect what the future holds for us. One thing I learnt from the movie, we should always treasure and appreciate what we have now. No use mopping on the past, and wondering the uncertainties of the future. The present is what matters.

To my dear Honey......I appreciate everything that we have had together....the good days, the bad days, the shiny days and the rainy days, every minute and every second...together with the seeds of our love, I know we will create many many more colorful memories, forever etched in our entwined hearts.

P.S I Love You.....till the end...

5 comments:

shasha said...

dulu masa zaman sekolah..pernah gak baca buku series Sweet dreams tajuk PS I love u jugak..tak tau la kalau this is the sama book or not..tapi itu cerita cintan cintun zaman budak2 sekolah rasanya..is it the same one?

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

sha..aku rasa tak sama kot. novel ni written by Cecelia Ahern, published in 2004.

Ahmad Javanese said...

aku rasa macam pernah nengok...

tapi tak ingat yg mana. SIRI PS I Love U aku rasa macam aku ingat. tapi movie... macam samar2...

Mummy H. said...

is it really that good?

usually, books do better than movies kan?

Anonymous said...

Guys, I loved this film, even if it is a big old chick flick! If you ever wanted to do this for real, I found this site called farawayfish.com where you can save a profile all about your life, and even save emails to be sent out to your loved ones when you die! Amazing!