Saturday, November 15, 2008

Falls and Winter, Colder and Sleepier

It's getting colder these days. Falls is at its end, and we're approaching winter soon. Thanksgiving Day would be at the end of the month, 27th November to be exact. We're planning to go on another get-away. Details are still to be discussed, ...so I can't tell exactly where we're going. But dear hubby said that we might go somewhere further North where the snow has start falling, so that the kids will be able to have the new experience.

The days are getting shorter. By 4.50 p.m. it's already Maghrib time and by 5.15 p.m., it's completely dark, like 8 p.m. in Malaysia. It's kind of depressing, really. The sun only rise at 6.30 a.m.

This more than 12 hours of darkness is really affecting my body. By 8 p.m., I will feel very sleepy that I can hardly keep my lids open. It's like already so late. If we're outside the house, it'll be worse as my eyes will lose their focus due to the sleepiness.

One thing that's puzzling me though, Harith and Hannah don't seem to be feeling like I do. Even at 11 p.m., they are still active. Running and playing and jumping and screaming. (???) So although I would loveeeee to snuggle under my blanket as soon as I feel sleepy, I would have to push myself to stay awake, because they don't want to go to sleep. Arghhh... As a result, I would feel sleepy during the day. Sometimes I do doze off. And I hate to nap in the afternoon because I would have head-ache later if I do so.

To Shasha, I wonder how do you survive the long cold days in Norway? Give me some tips, will u? :)

2 comments:

shasha said...

hahahha...rahiza...aku ingt aku sorang je rasa camtu..mmg tension sgt2 kat..bila gelap..sejuk...dan segalanya ada...rasa cam takleh survive..tapi apa nak buat..ko bayangkan aku skg tak jumpa matahari langsung...gi ofc subuh masih ada...balik umah..kol 4 dah nak masuk isyak..so...utk selamat..consume la omega-3 banyak2..since tu je yg blh tlg bagi kita neutral balik..interms of sleep..adeh...aku pun rasa aku tido more and more and more than enough in a day..kol 7 malam dah masuk bilik..7 pagi esk baru bangun..eheheh..what to do?..

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

camno la ko leh survive lagu tu eh...lagi teruk la norway nun jauh kat atas tuh. aku memang rasa depressing giler aa kalu masuk kul 4 lebih jek, dah gelap..adehh