Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Are With You, Dida

I just got a message from Gee that Dida's mom has been diagnosed with gall cancer, stage 4. FYI, Dida is one of my best friends that I've known since university's days 14 years ago. She and Gee were my room-mates during our first year in UTM.

Dida, if you're reading this, know that we are all here for you and your mom. I know how devastating the news must be. But just remember, Allah tidak akan menduga kita lebih daripada apa yang kita mampu.

"On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns." (Surah Al Baqarah, verse 286).

La illahailla anta subhanakan inni kuntu minadzolimin.
"There is no god but You, Glory be to You, We are indeed of the wrongdoers”

Dida, please visit this page: One Breast Bouncing

The author is a breast cancer survivor, and currently battling another type of cancer. She's sharing the verses and zikir from Al Quran to shrink and kill cancer cell, as well as verses to cure cancer. And she is the strongest person that I've had the chance to know. Her battles and sufferings continue to remind me that my anxiety disorder is just like a ride in the park, compared to what she has to go through.

Kuatkan semangat ko dan makcik.

Insya-Allah, I'll pray for your mom's speedy recovery.
In Allah we trust, and in Him we surrender.

3 comments:

fazid said...

Iza... Gee told me about Ida's mother...when I was in Malaysia last month, I often hear about people diagnosed with cancer. My MIL is on chemo, she was diagnosed with colon cancer a couple months back. Take good care Iza. To think so much (errkkk I know this is not a good advise, but have to let things go easy...that goes to me as well).

To Ida, be strong and hang in there.

Rahiza Haszian Abdul Rahim said...

Yeah..this is quite scary. Cancer is becoming more and more common. Seems like anybody can have cancer. The scariest thing is to know that everybody has cancer cells in their bodies..they just need some excuse to trigger those cells alive, such as bad eating habit, unhealthy lifestyle, and over-stressed! arghhh.. i need to keep things easy.

Cik Kham & Co said...

bestnyer tu dia....byk tul hasilnyer...mcm marhaban pulak ekkk...huhuhuhuuuu....